You can expect no two days to be the same when you work in one of SSE's Customer Service Centres. As the UK’s second largest energy company, our advisors help thousands of customers each week, covering a wide range of enquiries to do with their domestic energy accounts and our aim in every single interaction is to always deliver excellence.
At SSE, our people are our biggest and most important asset and we believe in developing our staff to get the best from them, building up talent from within. Our Customer Service business is an excellent entry point into our organisation and we take pride in the fact that many of our Management team started their career's with SSE in this area.We provide full training for all of our roles and offer ongoing continuous professional development alongside the chance to gain additional qualifications such as NVQ’s or Degrees depending on your career path and previous education history.
What we look for
Our current Customer Service employees come from a variety of backgrounds, with different levels of experience, so never assume you are not what we need. Whether this is your first job, you are retuning to work after a break or you have finished one career and are looking for the next, if you have the right skills, abilities and character then we would be interested to hear from you.
All of our Contact Centres are UK based. Our customer service sites are in Perth, Cumbernauld, Cardiff and Havant (near Portsmouth).
The next steps
Our recruitment process is designed to allow you to show us your abilities, skills and most of all your passion for service. Candidates who are successful at the upfront screening stage will be invited to take part in an online ability test to simulate working in a contact centre environment.
It should be no surprise for a Contact Centre role that we will want to speak to you as part of our process so candidates who pass the online testing will be asked to complete a short Telephone Interview with a member of the Recruitment team. Here we can ask you about your passion for service and you can also grill us about what its like to work for SSE.
The final stage would be to invite you to one of our Assessment Centres where you will get to have a look around our site, learn some more about us and take part in some group exercises, as well as a face to face interview.
You will usually find out if you have been successful within 3 working days of attending your interview on site.
Describe SSE in three words...
We asked a number of SSE employees to describe the company in three words, see what they had to say in this video.
- Recorded over a number of weeks at our sites across the country, this film allows our female engineers to debunk so… https://t.co/XrNDAMXw8s
- RT @SSE: SSE has put a lot of effort into closing the inclusion and diversity gap within our own company and wider society. Still a lot of…
- RT @SSE: SSE supports @YoEgovuk and has been working with @teachfirst to inspire the next generation of engineers and tackle the skills gap…
- RT @FairTaxMark: Updated roll call of #FairTaxMark champions: from FTSE-listed MNCs to local community retailers #CorporateResponsibility…
- RT @ssencommunity: We need YOUR help to mark our 70th Anniversary! We’re preparing to mark 70 years of memorable milestones this year and…
- We're #hiring now for Customer Service Advisors in #Havant, #Cardiff & #Cumbernauld. Starting salary £18,322 plus e… https://t.co/oOp6OYiTGv